Provides the ability to control a GameObject's position based on the position of the controller touchpad axis.
This script forms the stub of emitting the touchpad axis X and Y changes that are then digested by the corresponding Object Control Actions that are listening for the relevant event.
VRTK_ControllerEvents- The Controller Events script to listen for the touchpad events on.
VRTK_BodyPhysics- The Body Physics script to utilise to determine if falling is occuring.
- Place the
VRTK_TouchpadControlscript on either:
- The GameObject with the Controller Events script.
- Any other scene GameObject and provide a valid
VRTK_ControllerEventscomponent to the
Controllerparameter of this script.
- Place a corresponding Object Control Action for the Touchpad Control script to notify of touchpad changes. Without a corresponding Object Control Action, the Touchpad Control script will do nothing.
- Coordinate Axis: The axis to use for the direction coordinates.
- Primary Activation Button: An optional button that has to be engaged to allow the touchpad control to activate.
- Action Modifier Button: An optional button that when engaged will activate the modifier on the touchpad control action.
- Axis Deadzone: A deadzone threshold on the touchpad that will ignore input if the touch position is within the specified deadzone. Between
VRTK/Examples/017_CameraRig_TouchpadWalking has a collection of walls and slopes that can be traversed by the user with the touchpad. There is also an area that can only be traversed if the user is crouching.
Updated less than a minute ago