Attaches the grabbed Interactable Object to the grabbing object via a Spring Joint.
The Interactable Object will be attached to the grabbing object via a Spring Joint and the Joint can be broken upon colliding the Interactable Object with other colliders.
- Place the
VRTK_SpringJointGrabAttachscript on either:
- The GameObject of the Interactable Object to detect interactions on.
- Any other scene GameObject and then link that GameObject to the Interactable Objects
Grab Attach Mechanic Scriptparameter to denote use of the grab mechanic.
- Break Force: Maximum force the Joint can withstand before breaking. Setting to
infinityensures the Joint is unbreakable.
- Strength: The strength of the spring.
- Damper: The amount of dampening to apply to the spring.
VRTK/Examples/021_Controller_GrabbingObjectsWithJoints demonstrates this grab attach mechanic on the Drawer object in the scene.
Updated less than a minute ago