Provides a base that all object control locomotions can inherit from.
This is an abstract class that is to be inherited to a concrete class that provides object control locomotion functionality, therefore this script should not be directly used.
- Device For Direction: The direction that will be moved in is the direction of this device.
- Disable Other Controls On Active: If this is checked then whenever the axis on the attached controller is being changed, all other object control scripts of the same type on other controllers will be disabled.
- Affect On Falling: If a
VRTK_BodyPhysicsscript is present and this is checked, then the object control will affect the play area whilst it is falling.
- Control Override Object: An optional game object to apply the object control to. If this is blank then the PlayArea will be controlled.
- Controller: The controller to read the controller events from. If this is blank then it will attempt to get a controller events script from the same GameObject.
- Body Physics: An optional Body Physics script to check for potential collisions in the moving direction.
public enum DirectionDevices- Devices for providing direction.
Headset- The headset device.
LeftController- The left controller device.
RightController- The right controller device.
ControlledObject- The controlled object.
XAxisChanged- Emitted when the X Axis Changes.
YAxisChanged- Emitted when the Y Axis Changes.
VRTK_ObjectControl_UnityEvents component to
VRTK_ObjectControl object allows access to
UnityEvents that will react identically to the Class Events.
- All C# delegate events are mapped to a Unity Event with the
GameObject controlledGameObject- The GameObject that is going to be affected.
Transform directionDevice- The device that is used for the direction.
Vector3 axisDirection- The axis that is being affected.
Vector3 axis- The value of the current touchpad touch point based across the axis direction.
float deadzone- The value of the deadzone based across the axis direction.
bool currentlyFalling- Whether the controlled GameObject is currently falling.
bool modifierActive- Whether the modifier button is pressed.
Updated less than a minute ago