Multiplies each real world step within the play area to enable further distances to be travelled in the virtual world.
VRTK_ControllerEvents- The events component to listen for the button presses on. This must be applied on the same GameObject as this script if one is not provided via the
- Place the
VRTK_StepMultiplierscript on either:
- Any GameObject in the scene if no activation button is required.
- The GameObject with the Controller Events scripts if an activation button is required.
- Any other scene GameObject and provide a valid
VRTK_ControllerEventscomponent to the
Controller Eventsparameter of this script if an activation button is required.
- Activation Button: The controller button to activate the step multiplier effect. If it is
Undefinedthen the step multiplier will always be active.
- Movement Function: This determines the type of movement used by the extender.
- Additional Movement Multiplier: This is the factor by which movement at the edge of the circle is amplified.
0is no movement of the play area. Higher values simulate a bigger play area but may be too uncomfortable.
- Head Zone Radius: This is the size of the circle in which the play area is not moved and everything is normal. If it is to low it becomes uncomfortable when crouching.
- Controller Events: The Controller Events to listen for the events on. If the script is being applied onto a controller then this parameter can be left blank as it will be auto populated by the controller the script is on at runtime.
public enum MovementFunction- Movement methods.
Nonlinear- Moves the head with a non-linear drift movement.
LinearDirect- Moves the headset in a direct linear movement.
VRTK/Examples/028_CameraRig_RoomExtender shows how the Step Multiplier can be used to move around the scene with multiplied steps.
Updated less than a minute ago