Provides the ability to snap rotate a GameObject through the world
y axis in the scene by updating the Transform rotation in defined steps when the corresponding Object Control axis changes.
The effect is a immediate snap rotation to quickly face in a new direction.
VRTK_ObjectControl- The Object Control script to listen for the axis changes on.
- Place the
VRTK_SnapRotateObjectControlActionscript on any active scene GameObject.
- Link the required Object Control script to the
Object Control Scriptparameter of this script.
- Set the
Listen On Axis Changeparameter on this script to the axis change to affect with this movement type.
- Angle Per Snap: The angle to rotate for each snap.
- Angle Multiplier: The snap angle multiplier to be applied when the modifier button is pressed.
- Snap Delay: The amount of time required to pass before another snap rotation can be carried out.
- Blink Transition Speed: The speed for the headset to fade out and back in. Having a blink between rotations can reduce nausia.
- Axis Threshold: The threshold the listened axis needs to exceed before the action occurs. This can be used to limit the snap rotate to a single axis direction (e.g. pull down to flip rotate). The threshold is ignored if it is 0.
VRTK/Examples/017_CameraRig_TouchpadWalking has a collection of walls and slopes that can be traversed by the user with the touchpad. There is also an area that can only be traversed if the user is crouching.
To enable the Snap Rotate Object Control Action, ensure one of the
TouchpadControlOptions children (located under the Controller script alias) has the
Snap Rotate control script active.
Updated less than a minute ago